Want to get involved?
See below for ideas of how you can participate in UGM’s exciting work of Restoring Hope and Restoring Lives. Take a look at these examples and send a volunteer application to Jenny Dunham, Volunteer Administrator. We’re looking forward to seeing how God might work through you here at UGM!
Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
Opportunities for Individuals
- Receptionists answer and direct phone calls, greet visitors and help as needed. They serve at the Men’s Mission, Simonka Place, or the Administration Office.
- Tutors and teachers work with our New Life Fellowship Program participants at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place to help them with general reading, writing and math skills, GED prep and computer skills.
- Administrative Office volunteers help with data entry, mailings, filing and special projects.
- Meal servers help in the dining areas at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place.
Opportunities for Groups
We love to have groups come and serve at UGM! Here are a few ways groups partner with us. We’ll need a volunteer application from the group leader and a group participant release form from the other group members.
- Meal server teams of up to 4 people help in the dining areas at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place.
- Cleaning teams help with up-keep of our facilities by assisting our staff with maintenance duties.
- Grounds teams help with outdoor tasks at all the Mission sites.
For more details about group volunteer opportunities, click here.
Opportunities for Individuals or Groups
- Mission Store volunteers help by sorting, cleaning, pricing, and arranging merchandise.
- Chapel leaders share 30 minutes of teaching from Scripture and/or worship music in the evening at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place.
Send your completed application to Jenny Dunham, Volunteer Administrator at email@example.com or fax it to the Administrative Office, Attn: Jenny, at 503.399.5646.