Want to get involved?
See below for ideas of how you can be a part of Restoring Hope and Restoring Lives. Please take a look at these examples and send a volunteer application to Sharalyn Bechtel, Volunteer Coordinator, if you are interested in volunteering.
Opportunities for Individuals
- Receptionists answer and direct phone calls, greet visitors, and help as needed. They serve at the Men’s Mission, Simonka Place, the R.O.C. (Reaching Our Community) Outreach Center, or the Administration Office.
- Tutors and teachers work with our New Life Fellowship Program participants at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place to help them with general reading, writing and math skills, GED prep, and computer skills.
- Personal shoppers help clients find the clothing and household goods they need at the R.O.C. (Reaching Our Community) Outreach Center. They also help by folding, labeling, and arranging merchandise.
- Administrative Office volunteers help with data entry, mailings, filing, and special projects.
- Meal servers help in the dining areas at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place.
Opportunities for Groups
- Meal server teams of up to 4 people help in the dining areas at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place.
- Cleaning teams help with up-keep of our facilities by assisting our staff with maintenance duties.
- Grounds teams help with outdoor tasks at all the Mission sites.
Opportunities for Individuals or Groups
- Mission Store volunteers help by sorting, cleaning, pricing, and arranging merchandise
- Chapel leaders share 30 minutes of teaching from Scripture and/or worship music in the evening at the Men’s Mission and Simonka Place.
Send your completed application to Sharalyn Bechtel, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or fax it to the Administrative Office, Attn: Sharalyn, at 503.399.5646.